Dear Friends and Colleagues, Welcome to Amerikanka in Croatia! It has been on the back burners for quite some time now. Here we will discuss a little of everything that pertains to Croatia from an American point of view! Amerikanka, by the way, means a female American (that’s me). I came here in 1999 as a tourist with Croatian roots. Since then, a lot of water has passed under the bridge. I ended up staying, marrying, having two wonderful kids, becoming a (dual) citizen, tour guide, and court translator. I love it here and have no intentions of moving back (but as they say, never say never..!). So welcome to my blog.
New from the blog
- March Madness, the Medieval Calendar – and why you feel tired
- Workout for free (or cheap) at Višnjik Sports Center in ZADAR
- A mild form of outdoor meditation – the Labryinths of Zadar
- Zen in Biograd – We like to Move it :D
- Real Estate in the Republic of Croatia
- Weather in Croatia in October – A handy weather converter
My name is Anastasia. I am a translator by day, groupie by night. I love to go out and hear live music and explore the beautiful Croatian coastline. Born, raised and educated in the USA, I live in the most beautiful place in the world, Dalmatia, on the Croatian coastline. Welcome to my Amerikanka adventure!
Leave a Reply